Commercial Trash

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Master of the Lawn, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Master of the Lawn

Master of the Lawn Guest

What to do about trashy commercial jobs? When i bid i figured in time to pu trash, but lately its been terriable. I dont want to blow it out onto the street, luckily it was windy today that took care of most of it.;)

2. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

You got to love the wind, but it can be a double-edged sword. Unreal how much litter is actually blowing around out there.

3. sodzilla

sodzilla LawnSite Member

Get a groundskeeper bag from W.E Chaps and pick it up as you mow. They have velcro straps and hang on the mower. Then just dump it out in the dumpster when you leave. Picking up trash at a commercial site will score you big points with the owner.

4. thfireman

thfireman LawnSite Senior Member

I have one site that the litter was plumb out of hand. I would pick it up and then the next day it was even worse. I took the owner outside and showed it to him after i cleaned it up that day. I told him to look at it the next morning. He agreed with me and saw the problem I had. I literally filed up 2 garbage bags a week. He agreed to have his employees take turns each morning and pick up the trash. It help his property look much better and when I pick it up also it is even better. That was 3 years ago and they still do it every day. Great group of employees.