Commercial Walk-Behind Questions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MowingCorey, May 6, 2003.

1. MowingCorey

MowingCorey LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I found this web site where one can buy a "commercial" walk behind mower in 3 pieces. You have to buy the power unit, deck, and wheels ($1000 - $1500 total) and put it together yourself. Sounds too good to be true. Does anyone have any comments?

http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/ProductList.asp?Category=Commercial+Lawn

By the way, I have been reading posts here for about 3 months and love it. This is my first posting.

2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

To good to be true. These seem to be damaged parts.

I saw a 36" Great Dane deck for $75????? My first and only question is what is wrong with it? And don't tell me it's just scratched, that won't fly.

I'd see the merchandise before I departed with any cash if I were you.

No warranty........

RUN................

3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

A guy I know was telling me about those once but I never got the page address from him. I may use that for future project machines :D thanks for the link :)

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

After looking at this pic http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/product.asp?PN=GDPU-K12 I have concluded that it is a single drive hydrostatic system like the new 32" Ferris single drive walk behinds. It has a positive drive and variable speed but cannot do true zero turns, only locking the wheel turns like a belt drive. That partly explains the low price. It is definately a hydro unit but with a garden tractor tranny and individual brake bands (not dual hydro pump and motor setup, just single pump and motor). Has a manual blade clutch (yeah!) too.

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Pistol Grips To!!

6. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

This is my first post and to me that system looks like a Great dane look at the model # it starts with GD then if you will look at the Great Dane site and look for the gate keeper the whole assembly looks exactly the same and they say "We can not mention the name"

7. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

WHY do you think it says " Picture shown is NOT that of Identical item."???????????
    I guess somebody besides myself knows Adobe Photoshop 7.0 pretty well!!! :D