commercial walk behind recommendation?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JayJ, Mar 27, 2006.

1. JayJ

JayJ LawnSite Member

I would appreciate any recommendations on buying a 48" self propelled walk behind mower. Thanks.

2. dmc337

dmc337 LawnSite Member

Whichever brand you end up with, definitely spring for a hydro model. My belt drive never leaves the trailer anymore.

3. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

You've got a good few to chose from. You have eXmark,Ferris,Hustler,Toro,John Deere,Scag and a bunch more that I know I've forgotten. Try looking for some local dealers and see how they can help you.

Rob

4. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I would hate a walk-behind that wasn't self-propelled!!! What a bizznitch that would be to push...:weightlifter:

What brands do you have locally?

Go hydro...

Any of the big names will work just fine...try and demo a few to see what you like...

5. northwest lawn

northwest lawn LawnSite Member

lesco makes a beast for a walk behind

6. JClawncare

JClawncare LawnSite Member

I have a Scag 48" 17hp kaw. I would recommend it to anyone. If you get WB just make sure it is a hydro drive you'll be alot happier.

7. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Bob-Cat or Toro Proline/eXmark are the best of the best IMO. I have all belt drive mowers, and I have NO problem mowing all day with them without any ill effects.

8. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I just picked up a Toro Proline Hydro for $2500. Seems like a real tough mower, Hydros are much better than a belt drive but belt drives are good too depending on the size.

9. Lynch Landscaping

Lynch Landscaping LawnSite Member

I would go with the Exmark Metro. I Bought it last year and have nothing but good things to say about it. The dealers are great too.

10. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

i would go with scag or eXmark. go with hydro.