commercial walkbehind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by skyb32, Jan 25, 2005.

1. skyb32

skyb32 LawnSite Member

I just started a couple of years ago. I have several residential lawns. Most of them are to small for my z-trak and it takes too long to push mow by myself. Should i get a commercial walkbehind? If so, what brand?

2. plateau lawn care

plateau lawn care LawnSite Member
    from georgia

Yes get a wb. I prefer hydros..... belts are ok but they will leave a turn mark in the grass where the back tire spins. As for brand its really up to you I have a gravely that is great. If you have small yards get a 36in it will do fine. Dont let them sell you a floating deck on a 36 you dont need it the wheels will act as the floating system on these small mowers. If your concerned with horsepower you may not have that many options my 13hp gravely works fine some lcos dont like them. I havn't tried a mulch kit on it though. But the brand is really up to you most of the hydros on these machines are the same manufacture hope this helps

3. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

If your not going to use it full time I'd get the belt drive. Used a 36" scag for a couple of years. great cut with or without the mulch kit. If you keep the brakes and belts adjusted they can be very easy to use. Plus the cost is alot less. Good luck

4. skyb32

skyb32 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the help, i think im going to look at some different hydros
    I have a john deere z-trak, I like it alright, I wonder how their wb are?