Commercial weed puller

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Dotens, May 4, 2012.

1. Dotens

Dotens Banned

Good morning. I am looking for some advise on a weed puller that will stand up to commercial use. My main target is dandelions however any broad leaf weed will be targeted. I know of the organic ways to help reduce weeds such as dandelions and we are taking those steps currently. I am looking for immediate ways to easily remove as many of them as I can before they go to seed without pesticides.

Thank you for any suggestions.

2. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Getting the whole root when pulling dandelion is the big issue, and I don't know of any tool, other than a spiked puller that does an adequate job...
    I own a weed puller, that is probably as good and durable as any, but the main reason I own that particular brand name is becuz,,, it is the ONLY one for sale in my area...

3. rlitman

rlitman LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a few of the old version of the Weed Hound (the design was a little different, and IMHO inferior to this):
    http://www.amazon.com/Hound-Dog-HDP34-Weeding-Yellow/dp/B004H0S5HO

It's all I use on dandelions. The "nails" grab about 3" of the root, and usually don't break it there, so I get about 5-6" of root most times, plus I can pull a few dozen, EVERY MINUTE.

4. Magic Neal

Magic Neal LawnSite Member

after you pull them you can spray them with 20% vinegar a splash of them juice and a splash of an organic soap, to kill them after you pull. That might be easier.

Neal Kezar
    Owner
    www.magicpestandlawn.com