1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Commercial, where r u????

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bobdaduke, Jul 15, 2004.

1. bobdaduke

bobdaduke LawnSite Member

How does one go about bidding on HOA or Commercial Properties? At the moment, Im doing residential only but would like to get 1 or 2 commercial jobs, thx.

2. EmeraldHills03

EmeraldHills03 LawnSite Member

Contact the busniess owner, property manager, or knowing people that know people is also a great way of doin it. Property managers/ owners are usually thing the malls and shopping centers. Once your able to contact someone just let them know that you'd like to provide your services to them and place a bid. Only problem is the commercial accounts are usual on contract with another landscaper by now so your best bet would be during the off season to try to obtain any account. Commercial is usually harder acounts to get but the best paid.... so good luck!!!!

3. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I discovered, in my county, the Government Center actually sells a directory of all the registered HOA's in the entire county. So you can type up a generic letter over the winter and send them to all the HOA's.

I don't know if other counties do this, but for only $5 it was a steal of a deal.