1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

commercial ZTR advice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Steve LawnWorks, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Steve LawnWorks

Steve LawnWorks LawnSite Member

I'm in the market for a commercial grade ZTR that can handle 15 acres / week for five months out of the year. The mowing is pretty straight forward with limited obsticals. I was looking at a john deere or mabye a husk but I don't see many people talk about these lines. Any reccomendations would be helpful. Thanks;)
  2. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

reguardless of obstacles, look into a hustler. maybe a super z with a 60-72" deck. search for hustler on this site, and you will find that that company is awesome as well as the equipment
  3. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

Hustler would be a good one to look at. There are others as well such as Scag Encore, Dixie Chopper etc. Take a look at your dealer support. Every manufacture produces good commercial equipment but your local support is just about as important.
  4. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

good point green king

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

What dealers are local to you.
  6. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

7. whiteslawnservices

whiteslawnservices LawnSite Member

steve, well you not going to like a scag or hustler there slow and there all ways in the shop.dixie chopper well there isnt any one that services them in arkansas any more, and a bad boy is faster go and drive a bad boy 72 in deck then drive all of them hustlers,scags, dixie choppers there slow mowing and in the shop more than you get to work on one .most of all is re sale they wont give you any money back when you get 700 hrs on trade in you want to trade in every 2-3 years.a bad boy mows 10 acres in 38.04 min 15 in 54min at 18-20mph with a smooth cut. go look at www.badboy.com
    they are fast and getter done fast so you do make more money.and their cost i got 2 bad boy mowers at 60inch deck with a big block 32 horse power,and a 72inch deck mower big block 32 horse power 2 commercial mowers for 2006 models for $16,300.00 2 year warrenty 3 year on running gear.3300 hr spendal life.
  8. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

This post about bad boy is a joke is'nt it!
  9. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Ok, post #7 is a joke, disregard that post. I hope it is a joke atleast...18-20 mph and still get a smooth cut? WTF are u talking about? Even if you could hang on to a bad boy moving that fast, the cut would suck. Scag and Hustlers are in the shop more? You need to visit a shrink.

Steve, I would visit your closest equipment dealer and see what he has to offer. Dealer support will beat machine quality most of the time.
  10. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

INMOM Scag is the only way to go am now purching my 3rd scag to add tot he other two so far no problems the oldest one is a 1999 Scag Saber Tooth Tiger mower with the BSD 3 cylinder gas engine with the 72" advantage deck the other is a turft tiger with a 61" advantage deck with the Kaw 29 DFI and my newest one is another sabetr tooth tiger with the Briggs Dahatsu 31 hp diesel with a 72" deck 90 percent of my mowing is city prperties and the local school district so if it would break I would be breaking it