Commercioal Quote

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 2BladeRunners, Mar 13, 2004.

1. 2BladeRunners

2BladeRunners LawnSite Member

trying to see how close - or far off - I am on this commercial quote. Lot of practice with residential but not so much with commercial.

In our site visit to the above noted service location we measured 97,250 sq ft of turf area with 372 linear feet of edging surfaces. If we’ve made an error in measuring your site please bring it to our attention. We’ll gladly adjust the estimate as necessary. Your satisfaction is guaranteed. If something doesn’t seem right just ask!

Item Description Quant Unit Cost
    1. Turf Maintenance 30 $125.00 $3,750.00
    2 Spring Clean-up 1 $125.00 $125.00
    3 Fall Clean-up 1 $250.00 $250.00
    4 Fertilizer 5 $250.00 $1287.50
    Total $5,412.50

The prop is about 10 miles away, our biggest mower is a 52" eXmark Viking, I'm guessing we'll be there about 2.5 hours +/- to mow & trim. So what do you think?

2. TreffertLawnWrx

TreffertLawnWrx LawnSite Senior Member

If you like it, and will turn a profit for you, I say GO FOR IT!! ;)

3. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

2Blade...

Your FERT rate seems LOW TO ME. You are at about $2.5 per 1000sft. We get $4.50 to $5 per 1000. Out of that $250 your product is going to cost about $100, netting you $150 to go towards paying LABOR, INSURANCE, Cost of getting FERT LICENSE, cost of spreader, etc. With what it costs me EXTRA on INSURANCE to cover FERT, I couldn't do it that cheap.

Just my 2cents, since you are asking.

Mike

4. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Two acres - 2 1/2 Hrs? - Why would it take that long? - Should take 30 min to mow.

5. 2BladeRunners

Flex-Deck...wish I could cut 4 acres per hour with our Viking! My experience is more on the order of 2 acres per hour.

6. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

your mowing number is within a reasonable price range.

7. IndyPropertyCare

IndyPropertyCare LawnSite Member

4acres per hour ( 2-52" riders ) benefit of not being a 1person operation :rolleyes:

8. 2BladeRunners

Thanks Mike, We're working with another LCO while obtaining our own fert license. His program uses Lesco products applied with a Turf Tracker…extremely efficient! That price even has a small margin in it for us. Makes me almost question if I want to get my own card when working with them is so easy.