1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Commerical Bidding

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hopper1124, Aug 5, 2001.

1. Hopper1124

Hopper1124 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I am new to the board, looking for some info please. When is the time of the year you bid on the commerical accounts? I have been in the residental end for several years now , I would like to go after some commercial accounts for next year. Any info will help
  2. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

... on the account. A lot like to bid around Jan. or so but then I've run into some that'll rebid in the middle of the season. Main thing is to contact them and find out.
  3. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I think it depends on the area your in. Around here we bid lawn care in Feb and snow plowing in Sep-mid Oct.
  4. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

We will usually submit them a price for the next mowing season in late Sept. which is good for 30 days. If they do not sign up or re-new at this time - then they are subject to a price hike or higher quote when we begin bidding again in Feb depending on if they are a prospective client or old one.

Hope this helps.
  5. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Here they are either bid out in Sept or March. Contact every business and Property Management company you can. Good luck.