1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

commerical customers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by iclgs, Mar 1, 2003.

1. iclgs

iclgs LawnSite Member

Hey Guys,

I have a few commercial clients but would like to add a few more to my customer base. Does anyone have ideas on how to do this?? Does anyone have a letter or flyer that I could take a llok at??
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Cold calls work well. Find out who the person in charge of those decisions is, and talk to them. Have a good presentation, and let them know the dependable quality you can deliver at a reasonable price, and minimum of inconvenience to them. When and if they are interested in a price, (they many of times are) survey the property and submit a bid. (professional bid, not some hand-written estimate). Do NOT sell yourself as a low priced or discount service!;)
  3. Most of our business is geared to commercial clients . Like Runner said is the truth. Cold calls work well and showcase your commercial accounts. Over half my commercial accounts were added because they new of my work at other accounts. Never hand out a flyer to a business. It takes along while to get good commercial accounts and always get contracts. Remember most big commercial you bill at the end of 30 days and there will be another 30 day turn around