Commerical Mowers Exmark, Toro or Lesco

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SouthernYankee, Nov 10, 2004.

1. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

In the spring I am going to a commerical rider and I need some help.

I already have a 48" Lesco , but since I am going to start getting into more lawns I need a rider.

I have narrowed down the picks to the compact Lesco, Exmark and Toro with a kaw engine. What is the better machine and which one should I stay away from. I need something 48" or the 44", no bigger. Any info would be appreicated.thanks

2. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

Out of the three I would go with exmark. Many people on this site would probably agree. The have a very nice clean cut. The Ultravac option is also bags very well

3. SouthernYankee

What is the main difference between Exmark and Toro? I know Toro owns exmark....I had always thought that Toro was the better machine? thanks

4. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

A toro with the turbo force deck is as worthy as the exmark with the ultracut deck....

The toro's with the sps(i think thats what they're called) are no comparison to an exmark.....

5. SouthernYankee

Of the toros I was looking at the z100 compact 44" series does anyone have any experiance with this mower?

6. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

You should look at the Lesco. They are good mowers. Probibly as good as an Exmark or Toro and a lot less money.

7. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

yup, we have 3 cub tanks and 36" WB. Same as the Lesco.............. GREAT MOWERS!!!!!!!!!!!

8. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

Lesco. Great mowers and less money.

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I would run from that Toro with the SFS deck, that's for sure...

10. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

out of the 3 listed I would probably go with the lesco, great cut and dependable. :)