1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Commerical mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PROMOW, Mar 11, 2003.

PROMOW LawnSite Member

This subject seems to be one of personal preference, but....I'm planning on purchasing a new ZTR mower this year and I've decided I'm either buying an exmark, toro, or bobcat (ransomes). Price, cut, speed, and reliability are all factors i'm considering. I was just wondering what your prefernces were on these brands. Thanks!
  2. NYRookie

NYRookie LawnSite Member

I have an Exmark Z 23hp, 60" cut with the 3 bag vacuum, bought it last year. I did have an oil leak by the crankshaft on the Kawi engine. Not really a big deal, dealer fixed it in 2 days. It was a fluke, a pinhole in the aluminum casting. I have not owned a Toro yet but looked at a w/b the other day. I do not have a bobcat dealer my way. I do like Toro's new bagger system with the blower on top, in case you thinking about putting a bagger on. I have heard that Toro owns Exmark, so the difference there is probably like a Chevy or GMC
  3. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Uh, Toro and Exmark aren't anything alike in the ztr department from what I've seen. I would say the best bet would be exmark, I've demoed eXmark and can't think of any more I've ran that I like as well.
  4. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Im a big fan of Dixie Chopper. very nice cut, fast, and reliable.
    Both commercial lawnmower and wiengartz carry them.

Im also looking into getting an exmark lazer HP for this season.

You going to the weingartz open house on thursday?
  5. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark is your best bet

PROMOW LawnSite Member

I may be, is it just an informational thing?
  7. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

I picked up a Lesco 60" Z2. So far I love it.
  8. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

its definatly informal, i dont think they would get a very good turn out if they told landscapers they had to dress up.

It from 10am - 8 pm at the pontiac silverdome (the practice dome)

Its the first year they are having it here so it should be pretty good.

Is this your first year in business?
  9. nickm

nickm LawnSite Member

I have a lesco 54in. ZT. I have had no problems what so ever. I paid 5250.00 new for it and it has been well worth the money. That company has not had a very good name for quite some time, but they have been getting their stuff together.
  10. TaussigLawnCare

TaussigLawnCare LawnSite Member

I love the toros but bobcat ransomes I thought that ransomes stopped making bobcats years ago I have the 1981 bobcat ransomes and its hard to get parts for if something breaks hasen't since I bought it woohoo.