commerical project

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greenworldh20, May 4, 2003.

1. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

more pics of our commerical work. this is the before pic.

friehoffers before.jpg

2. greenworldh20

the turf came in nicely in 2 weeks.

friehoffers after.jpg

3. turfman59

turfman59 LawnSite Senior Member

Can I be a little critical without offending you.

The tree should have been incorporated in bed that is in front of it. with seperate irrigation ( micro or xeriscape ). other than that its still is a good job though.

4. greenworldh20

bruce,

we did not install landscape. we just provided irrigation system design and install. bushes by building have drip irrigation. tree is irrigated by lawn heads. i know the tree should not recieve water from rotors, but, what can i do? on commerical work, the numbers are reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaallll tight. that was all they were looking for. it works good.

xeriscaping is not very big over here. clients who have irrigation systems do not worry about the water bill or water situation. which can be good or bad, depending on how you look at it.

brian

no offense taken. speak your mind...:eek:

5. Green in Idaho

Green in Idaho LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

In that case...

Why is there not double coverage in the forefront of the picture around the 1/4 circle planter and nothing in the middle going back to the perimeter?

Double coverage is standard here, maybe not everywhere?

6. greenworldh20

if you look closer, that area you speak of is an area that cars and big trucks frequently drive over. rather than having to replace broken sprinkler heads, i choose not to install a rotor head in that area.

you are correct, though. there should be a rotor there.:p

7. Green in Idaho

Green in Idaho LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

Including some hardscape in the sprinkler design would've also help reduce that rock spreading. Something like a decorative metal post in very corner or something.... oh well..

8. greenworldh20

all commerical projects have a budget. general contractors never want them to go OVER.

on this particular project, the place is a whare house for friehoffers. they do not care about the appearance. they just want to get thier c.o.

brian