1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Commericial Job with no lawn , what to charge?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by mikefromny, Jan 27, 2006.

1. mikefromny

mikefromny LawnSite Member

they have no lawn big property not even alot of shrubs and bushes what would u charge to run through the place , blow leaves off , etc the job would not take longer than 35 minutes a visit
  2. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

With the detailed information that you provided, I entered it in my spreadsheet and it came back with $ 75.00 - $13,000.00 per year. Hope this helps
  3. mikefromny

ok what details would u like sir , the want leaves blown and shrubs trimmed there property is maybe 200 x 200 including parking lot , no lawn
  4. jreiff

jreiff LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

How many shrubs???

Any pictures of the place????
  5. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

you are already giving out all the information for you to price it. You said no more than 35 minutes, how much is your labor rate plus profit? There is your answer.
  6. nocutting

nocutting LawnSite Senior Member

Mike......look at this realistically?......Most guys have a 2-man crew [ at least], whats travel 1-way to the job, plus time spent by 2-men?......Trim & shape x 3-times per year, plus refuse dump charge.........I suppose weekly visits include removeing any garbage as well as generated debris?........Are you doing a spring clean-up to include removeing the sand / salt mix used from the winter?...........Are you feeding the shrubs 3-times per year?.......Nice time to add annual planting to add color to the site [ how many flats plus your labor?].........guess you'll remove them in the fall with the "Fall Clean-Up".........Sounds like a "Cake Job" to me..............payup
  7. nocutting

nocutting LawnSite Senior Member

Mike, I almost forgot....if you do a good job planting those annuals, you wont have to spend much time weeding / cultivating those beds ...."Wink, wink"
  8. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

I have three businesses like that, I charge an hourly rate for each visit we make, we basically perform like what you said blow the parking lot clean, we take care of the few flower beds....materials plus time, and take care of weeds. Figure out a good hourly rate and then include what you will perform....like procut said $75.00 covers blowing leaves, but if your gonna be planting annuals or sprayin weeds your fee plus cost of materials. Good Luck.

9. mikefromny

guy just wants property blown of leaves weekly and when i do flowers and seasonals and trimming that is done seperate charge anyone got a idea for what to charge just to blow the place out weekly take about 40 minutes me and a helper
  10. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Someone already mentioned this, but I will try too.

Do you have a labor rate?
    Do you have a cost of being in business broken down per hour?
    Do you have a profit amount you want per hour?

For mundane chores (and this is one) I charge $60 per man hour. Based on that and assuming there is no overly large drive time associated, that makes it $80 per visit based on your estimate of 40 minutes per trip.

Mowing, blowing, whatever, time is money and the has to be a base fee for showing up. So in your head, call it $80 trip charge, with the blowing done for free.