Commision & or Salary

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnsRUsInc., Sep 28, 2006.

1. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I need to find a solution to a problem asap. For u that have a sales person how do you pay them? And if they sell a lawn maint. job that is a per time charge how would you figure that out when u dont know if ur going to cut it 10 or 30 times. ANyone have any ideas how to correct this issue, it would be much appreciated?

Repsectfully, Jason

2. absolutelawnman

absolutelawnman LawnSite Member

Low base salary, % of commision. We calculate it at 10%, that is what we complete. ie: Customer wants mowing $100, and bed maintenance $100, we do beds twice in one month and mow 4 times then at the end of the month he makes $60 commission. Never prepaid, always on what we do, even on the packaged deals, he gets paid when the job is completed.

3. LawnsRUsInc.

from midwest

doesnt it become a huge paper work issue?

4. absolutelawnman

Computer does it all, when I add a new client it has a section for sales associate and then if there is a percent of commission, then go into payroll at the end of the month shows me how much in commission I am supposed to give, then I turn it over to payroll company and its done.

5. LawnsRUsInc.

from midwest

What software are you using? I would be intrested in testing it out!

6. absolutelawnman

7. evergreenedmond

evergreenedmond LawnSite Senior Member

that software sucks!

8. absolutelawnman

evergreen, you must sit at home and wait for my posts. At least I can afford to buy software.:cool2:

9. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Both, you pay them say 35k a year and then 3-5% commision on what they sell.