commision schedule

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by slowleak, Feb 20, 2003.

1. slowleak

slowleak LawnSite Member
    from 63055

a friend of mine,well sort of, owns a semi-large landscape business with greenhouses,flowers trees.etc...what sort of percentage is fair for any work which i can't do at the time,should i throw his way,ask.?does this make any sense? thanks kevin

2. Kirk

Kirk LawnSite Member

Perhaps clarifying what you are offering him will better help your responses. In other words, what services are you planning on supplying you "friend" with?

3. slowleak

slowleak LawnSite Member
    from 63055

say i have work that is not my expertise,and my friend does. i give him the lead.he does the job. what is approriate compensation for a refferal.?

4. E-man

E-man LawnSite Member
    from PA

I say make a deal with him if he does not do maintenance he can give you those leads and you can give leads on the projects you don't want or don't specialize in . I do this with alot of other contractors and it works out very well. Hope this helps

5. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

If you are selling the work for him , collecting money ...doing any paper work at all (subbing it out) charge him anywhere from 15%-25%
    If you are simply giving him a phone number ...I'm not sure.
    Had a guy give us 10% for all dethaching I sent his way last spring. If they were messages for me regarding this work I phoned him with a list of names and numbers ..if I happened to answer the phone then I would simply give the customer his number.