commission and sales

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Prestige Landscaping, Jan 26, 2013.

1. aaronmg

aaronmg LawnSite Senior Member

Very true!!! Thats a pretty sound business plan if you find the right people...

2. aaronmg

aaronmg LawnSite Senior Member

Well sorry for hijacking the post, I'll leave after this statement.... But if you fire any salesperson that can only sell 500k a year send em my way i'll find uses for them....

3. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

I don't have the sales to hire a full time sales person. I do have an unemployed friend who love to talk with people. I've thought about telling him that if he sends me any leads I would pay him a fee.

I'm just doing mowing and applications(weed, mosquito, fire ant). So a small weed customer might be 325 per year and a small mowing might generate 1250+ a year.

So would you pay him a percentage of the sale or just 50 per app customer and 100 or so per mowing?? Interested in ideas.

4. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know anything about maintenance sales, but for installs 7% is the lowest I've worked for, 10% is standard, and I've gotten 15% (gross cost, not profit). At this point in my career if I went back to work for someone 10% would be the minimum I'd take.

I would think that if you're established enough to hire a full time sales pro and you're sending him on leads where you're competing against low overhead, one truck operations, your targeting is off.