1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Commiting Customers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grassboy, Mar 21, 2000.

1. Grassboy

Grassboy LawnSite Member

How can I get those people that tell me &quot;Yeah will have to think about it&quot; To say &quot;We are going to use your services this year&quot;????<br>I have about 9 people that I call &quot;almost commited customers&quot; and they all haven't gotten back to me since I first talked w/ them about mowing their lawn. How can I make them into &quot;official customers&quot;???

2. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Let them know that you are very busy this time of year and that you are trying to finalize your mowing schedule and that if they want in that they need to let you know by Saturday. This has always worked well for me. Just make sure that they know that you want their business.

3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

if a potential customer doesn't know whether he wants to do business with me, I hand 'em my card and run for the truck. WHY? because I am on my way to talk to another potential client and I don't have time to waste talking to a homeowner that can't make up their mind.<p>if you don't know it...you'll learn it. TIME IS MONEY! <p>for a lucrative commercial account, I reserve the right to be a little more talkative.<p>good luck.<p>GEO

4. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Thats customer-speak for, your price is too high, we're going with your competition. You need to come right out and ask, are the services offered what you want, for a fair price? Start poking around, or, if its not a particularly lucrative job, just move on.<p>Bill

5. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

i have a few customers that need to be commited:)<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida

6. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I was thinking the same this CJC. Especially this year. Off to a rocky start.

7. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I hear ya CJC