common mallow

Discussion in 'The Green Guardian' started by BRANDMEL, Jul 26, 2005.

1. BRANDMEL

BRANDMEL LawnSite Member

Hello Mark, I'm Having a tough time killing common mallow with the green guardian. Any suggestions? I've done 3 apps (spot sprays) spaced 5 days apart it's been hot/dry. Lots of damage to clover and thistle (your product is the best I have ever seen for killing thistle!!!) but the mallows standing strong. Do I need to keep spraying? And I have been mixing 4 to 1 because of the heat 90-95 everyday, Thanks

2. green_mark

green_mark LawnSite Senior Member

Mallow is not a weed that is controlled with the Green Guardian.

The best control is using Everything Must Go! and spray so that the leaves have about 40% coverage. In other words about 1/2 normal rate. This will allow the grass to survive and the mallow should be toast within a few hours.

You may need to come back in 24 hours to see if anything else needs a touch up.

3. BRANDMEL

BRANDMEL LawnSite Member

EMG did the job!! Thanks...Is EMG storable after mixing? Is there a time limit to spraying the mixed solution? What kind of pump system do you recomend for spraying large quantaties? Reactions to metal etc. (county weed control questions) Thanks again

4. green_mark

green_mark LawnSite Senior Member

EMG can be stored after dilution for about 2 weeks. The equipment you require will need to have the ability to handle corrosive materials. I do advise that equipment be cleaned with water after use as a general good management practice.

We currently have three clients who received large contracts where traditional controls were not allowed. One is with an airline around the fuel tanks and corporate office and another with a city park system and another with a county which covers the roadways.

In each of these applications diaphragm pumps are being used with lawnjet spray guns. The best pressure to use is about 100 psi and a 7 gallon tip. This will cause the material to create the smallest droplet possible and allow better coverage for a fast kill with less product.