Common name for active ingredient in Manage?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by MrBarefoot, Aug 26, 2003.

1. I performed a search on this and didn't find what I was looking for... so I thought I would ask.

I am going to start using "Manage" to control sedges as part of my lawn service.

While updating the "Today I applied" part of my invoice, I noticed that no "common name" for "Manage's" active ingredient was provided.

The label states "Methyl 5--{[(4,6-dimethoxy-2-pyrimidinyl.... etc, etc." Which is the really long chemical name.

Every other product I have used has an active ingredient that has a "common name" which is used in place of the "chemically accurate but very long name".

An example of a common name would be "Imidacloprid" which is the active ingredient in Merit, and the chemical name would be "1-[(6-Chloro-3-pyridinyl)methyl]--N-nitro......."

Back to my original point, does anyone know the common name for Manage's active ingredient? Please share if you do.

Thanks in advance

2. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

halosulfuron-methyl

3. Thank you very much for that. I am very grateful.

May I ask where did you dig that up? I spent over an hour on Monsanto's website, and read the label three times trying to find it. Even the companies published MSDS didn't have it.

You really came though for me on this.

4. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member