1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Common Problems for Lawn and Landscape Owners

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by tpatt09, Dec 11, 2012.

1. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

I think were all sweating it..:laugh:
  2. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

One thing that concerns me is the clowns up in washington have made a debacle out of the economy, and I'm not sure how as of now how it's going to effect the majority of people, everybody seems to be in wait and see mode.
  3. larryinalabama

Between taxes going up on our customers, and illegales given the Gold Key to the kingdom it cant hel but have a real negative impact on our businesses.
  4. 8rickyj

8rickyj LawnSite Member

Neighbors of customers. I have a few neighbors of clients that are always complaining about the work I am performing. Meanwhile my customers are happy with the work. Just go back in your house and leave us alone!
  5. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

That's kinda what I'm thinking, Bam Bam wants everybody to believe taxes are only going to affect the rich, which most of our customer base comes from, at least the wealthy anyway, but the reality is EVERYBODIES taxes are going up! Time to hunker down even more now. Damn!we got four more years of this fool!
  6. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

The taxes for this year again are terrible. I hate paying them. Every quarterly return - there goes more money - for what - that was alot of hard work just to pay the gov't more taxes. Then (not to ruffel feathers here but) I have all farmers on my wives side of family. They cant spend enough money. New this, new that, never pay sales tax, like give me a break already. But they talking to them, there taxes they went in the hole this year - just never made a dime.
  7. larryinalabama

Well make ir but it wont be easy.
  8. Executive Lawn Care

Executive Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I have a similar issue. I don't want to be rude but in a fixed contract I am losing out. However I believe customer service is key and telling them I can't talk may be rude? On days that are very busy I tell them right away "big day today got lots to do" however some ignore this and speak on for a while.
  9. Dugann

Dugann LawnSite Member

weather and employees are my two.
  10. 94gt331

94gt331 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats happens to me also. I have more problems with jealous neighbors than my customers. I don't get it.