1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Community 'posting board' wars.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Carolina Cuts, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

dirty business.... who else has dealt with it???

The community up the street from me has a central mailbox system where all the homeowners go to get their mail. Along side of the mailboxes is a glass covered 'advertising' board... this is where I left an 8x11 flier with pocket that holds a dozen or so postcards of mine.

Well on Thursday I drove by to see if anybody has been taking/using them, come to find out, the flier was gone as well as all my postcards. And in their place was another lawn services post cards...

So I simply added another stack of cards...

Saturday - same thing, mine were gone, but the other "LCOs" cards were still there....

How would you some of you guys handle this? Keep putting cards up just to have them taken down? Give up on that community? Or make an unpleasant phonecall to the other LCO....??? I'm leaning towards making the phone call. :weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter: I've never really liked conflict, but I have zero tolerance for BS and schoolyard bullies.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  2. smash it all to the ground.

3. Carolina Cuts

Cmon now.... smash it??? LOL.... there's over 100 homes in this community, 2 blocks from my house...

4. CCC52

CCC52 LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5

Just a thought, but does the community likewise have a discussion forum on the web? A few strategic posts might not hurt?

5. Carolina Cuts

hmm, not sure.... is that common? A community posting forum on the web?

hey, I try to be fair and don't bad mouth anybody..... scurd of karma.... but damn, I have zero tolerance for dirty business and @holes like this... he reminds me of the type that would pull all my postcards out of news paper boxes if he distributed after me....

6. CCC52

CCC52 LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5

Is it one of those set-ups with a "homeowner's association" that sets "community" guidelines? If so, I'd bet on it. It's where the homeowners go to snitch on one another etc. The ones I've checked over aren't the nicest places around but in this day and age everyone hits the web. Google the name of the division and see what comes up?

7. Carolina Cuts

might do that... in fact, just last week I was distributing flyers in newspaper boxes and found this guys postcards IN mailboxes, folded around the mailbox flags, in the street as well. He's about clueless, so I just left his stuff alone figuring the postal service will deal with his @ss....

8. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 LawnSite Senior Member

this happens all of the time around here, there are places you can put flyers up so we do i carry them with me all the time and if i find a spot ill trow it up, i always find mine gone and others over mine when i do i take theres down and put mine back up.

9. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I pin business cards at a local AC&T. Every time I go in to check, they're gone. Not sure if another LCO is tossing them but there isn't any other companies with cards posted there.

10. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

the same thing happens to me, they are just gone, but no other cards are there.