Community Service

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bob, Apr 6, 2001.

1. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I have to do community service through a jobs banks program. I went a local state park to check things out. Low and behold, they have a brand new Toro Grounds Master with a 126" cut. I think I now know what job I want to take!
  2. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

What was your crime? Hopefully not stealing Toro Groundsmasters lol.
  3. Don't you mean "bank job"?
  4. Ground Pounder

Ground Pounder LawnSite Member

Oh...this is great.

I first thought community service was being a humanitarian and donating your services to an elderly couple.

If community service is going to be a punishment, perhaps you should do something else. Like pick up trash along the highway.
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I had to perform 40 hours of community service for my certification in the Master Gardeners program. I ended up doing flower and bed work for a local school sytem. THEY loved it!
  6. bob

from DE

After building my lawn business up to a point that I could survive from it. I had the opportunity to work at General Motors full time. So I do both. Got laid-off last June for 42 weeks. Then GM brings you back into a Jobs Bank. GM figures that if their going to pay you for 40 hours week for nothing, they will put you to good use. We have to work at a non-profit orginazation. There's over 155 to choose from. Belive me, I won't break a sweat. I got the tour of the park today. It will be a piece of cake. There's 4 other GM guys there. If you don't pick a non-profit location to go to, you will sit in the union hall for 8 hours a day. I'll be done at the park by noon. It's mostly the honor system.
  7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I think some people here might have thought you were a criminal :D
    Glad you cleared that up. :)
  8. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

bob--since you guys make about $30 bucks an hour or more...why do you care what you do?

9. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I'd like to hear more about the toro groundsmaster. Dave g
  10. bob

from DE

I'd rather do something for a non-profit organization, than sit in a room all day sleeping!