Compact Mahindra Reviews?

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Ecoscapes, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Ecoscapes

Ecoscapes LawnSite Member

Any reviews on compact mahindra in the 50 60 hp range? I'm used to Kubotas but the potential price difference and better financing options for Mahindra are tempting. I just don't see alot of outfits with the red tractors, most have kubotas around here.. Anyone running them all the time for landscape hardscape work? I see homeowners with them but not too many contractors yet.. Thanks for any info!
  2. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

You get what you pay for. Threre is a reason kubota is # 1 in cut sales!
  3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I have the 5010 gear with cab and fel. Close to 200 trouble free hours. Love it. Hands down best bang for the buck. I demoed every other brand. Kubota/deere/new holland all were atleast $10-15k more than my mahindra. Dealer is less than a mile from my shop.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Deererunner

Deererunner LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Curious to know what other people has to say about the Mahidras as I am looking to get one this summer
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. dbear

dbear LawnSite Senior Member

Should be more info from owners here: Tractor By Net

They have a section devoted to Mahindra.

T.D.SARGENTCONT LawnSite Member

You sould remember , you've seen one in action , bought mine in 2003 new and had no problems. And it gets used!!!!!! 60 hp stay with direct injection , check your weight limit also , you won't go wrong if you purchase one.
  7. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I just picked up a 25hp mahindra max. The price was about 5k less than a comparable kubota b series. They are very well built. Lots of cast iron. I can't really speak much about longevity cause mine only has 5 hours on it but Im happy with it so far. I plan to use it for mulching my larger properties, some light grading, aeration's, and loader work.
  8. Ecoscapes

Ecoscapes LawnSite Member

Thanks all for the info.. T.D.SARGENT; Yes I do remember, it was a real work horse, did the job of a full size skidder! Good to hear from u- Thanks for ur reply, I appreciate it, hope all is well with you n ur lady! :waving:

T.D.SARGENTCONT LawnSite Member

Hey ecoscapes, just bought another tractor (white 2-105 ) 100 hp. She pulles even better !!! Got it for my chipper and haying this year. I'll post pics when i can get this to up load. Tried a mini this year from loam plus (dave foster) next investment. Hope all is well
  10. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

Over 700 hrs on mine only problem was a box that controls glow plugs, and broke the level that raises and lowers the 3 pt hitch. Only complant is the lever i broke, the hi-med-low lever, and the one that engages the 3 pt hitch needs grease fittings, they get stiff. I took the 2 panels off and just ever once and a while dump oil on them where it moves/gets stiff it helps, but a grease fitting and some grease would be better.