Compact Mahindra Reviews?

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Ecoscapes, Mar 2, 2013.

1. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Have any of you used a mahindra max 28?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

I haven't, but was wondering why not buy the full size one ? I paid around 16 for my 2615 arent the max 28 about the same price?

3. knox gsl

Not sure the actual size. I want a fairly small machine to be able to use on existing lawns with minimal damage.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I just bought a max 25. I wanted a max 28 but the dealer didnt have one in stock and wasnt able to make me as good of a deal. I wanted to stay smaller so that I could use it on my tighter properties. The majority of my work involves working on existing lawns so I like having a small machine. Ive only got 5 hours on it so far. Hopefully will be using it in the next few weeks to till and grade a few new lawns.

5. knox gsl

The more I look into it the better a boxer skid steer looks. My closest mahindra dealer is an hour away.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. roughcut

roughcut LawnSite Member
    from PA

I just bought the max 28. Got the FEL, MMM and backhoe. I have about 12 hours on it so far and most are from mowing my 6 acres. So far it's great. Has plenty of power and the turning radius is pretty tight. The backhoe is on back order though so I have not been able to use it yet.

7. m1lkman

m1lkman LawnSite Member

Hey Roughcut...Still liking that max 28??

8. roughcut

roughcut LawnSite Member
    from PA

I have 36 hours on it now and so far it has been great. Only a couple things to complain about. 1st the MMM has very little adjustment between where it scalds the lawn and the highest position. The paint on the MMM has already started to chip off. The radiator fan blows towards the driver and it can get pretty hot after a while. When mowing it really goes through the diesel.
    Some things I really like. It actually mows very nice. Super easy to take the deck off and on. Even easier to put the FEL on and off. I have only put the backhoe on and off once so I am still getting the hang of that. Has a lot of power for a small tractor.

9. m1lkman

m1lkman LawnSite Member

Tx Roughcut!! Great insight my good man!