compact tractor uses

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by gravtyklz, Jan 13, 2006.

1. gravtyklz

gravtyklz LawnSite Member

In about 12 months I want to buy something to help out in the electrical business I work for, and ide like to add other services....so Im just trying to think of the most practical piece of equipment to buy.

Thanks a lot for all the input.

2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

Honestly it sounds like you would be better getting a Toro Dingo or the like. It will fit thru 36" gates, you can start with the trencher option, even get the backhoe if you want, but I agree with what was said earlier, a mini-ex is the beast(best) for the size. You can pull it with a 1/2 ton truck, don't need as big of a trailer.

3. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Lots of good info in this thread, mini excavator is the way to go if trenching is your main gig! the tractor provides more versatility as you dont brush hog fields,aerate,finish mow,etc wiyh a mini X! Dingo is a good machine for small jobs but i wouldn't want to finish rake an acre with one!

4. gravtyklz

gravtyklz LawnSite Member

well my objective is to get the trenching done.....but still have other opportunities to do other things...

So many fun toys to buy! So its hard to decide. But hearing the fields everyone uses their excavators, skid steers, and compact tractors for really give me an idea of what to go for.

Time will tell!

5. LANDSCAPER30

LANDSCAPER30 LawnSite Member
    from IN

I purchased a Dingo a few years ago and I believe it to be the ideal piece of equipment for landscaping, period. So versatile.....so MANY attachments!! I use mine for everything.