compact tractors and mini loaders

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by earth man, Dec 20, 2007.

1. earth man

earth man LawnSite Member

I am looking to purchase a 30-40 HP tractor and/or walk-behind loader. Can any landscapers give me their experiences with respective brands?

2. Fordsuvparts

Fordsuvparts LawnSite Senior Member

The dingo tx425 is a great machine, I don't know how we landscaped before with out it. It is a huge labor saver on about anything we use it for, instead of having a 4 man crew you can do it with a 2 man crew and a dingo and get a lot more done. They have a bunch of different attachments that made it as handy as a pocket on a shirt.

3. dogsluvtrux

dogsluvtrux LawnSite Member

Look at local dealerships...personally, I'm partial to the Bobcat brand for the walk behind units. I haven't run the Bobcat tractors yet in any great detail, but first impression is they are built well and priced to compete.

4. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

i have a bobcat B300 tlb and a tx 425 dingo. the combination of these 2 machines gets a lot of work done fast. they compliment each other well.

5. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

i have owned a bobcat mt and own 2 ditchwitch sk650s loved them all, i'm also looking at the new ditch witch zahn, which is cool I think

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

No personal experiences but prior research revealed these brands:

Hinomoto, Shibaura, Yanmar, Iseki

That is on top of the more familiar names such as Kubota, John Deere, Mitsubishi, etc...
    The ditchwitch is nice but imo you pay for the name, but along those lines there's some type of an R-series as well, mini ex's...

Now there's two different beasts, some are skid steers, others are tractors.
    Probably looking at spending at least 5-6 but really 8 thousand for a nice used one, think 8 and you should be gtg.