Compact tractors

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by hobbsd, Nov 14, 2005.

1. hobbsd

hobbsd LawnSite Senior Member
    from west wi

I am looking to get a Compact tractor (30hp approx) I found a good deal on a New Holland 1925. Can anyone tell me if this tractor or new holland's in general are good. Or perhaps a suggestion for another tractor.

i'll be using it for moving dirt, lawn renovation, moving compsot, etc...

2. Larry Davis

Larry Davis LawnSite Member

Morning Dan,

Go to

Anything and everything you could possibly want to know about tractors is at that site. It is to tractor owners, or those that want to get a tractor, what LawnSite is to the lawn care business.

Good luck,
  3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

New Hollands are very good tractors. The 1925 your looking at is essentially a Ford tractor. They were made right after New Holland acquired Ford I think.
    If you've found a good deal on one i'd say you should get it cause their hard to beat.
  4. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I sold my Kubota BX-2200 last year to get a bigger tractor. I do mostly lawn maintenance but have been getting several requests for landscaping. After comparing JD, Kubota, Kioti, Mahindra, and New Holland, I bought the New Holland TC-33DA with front end loader. About $19,000 out the door with extended five-year warranty. Getting this tractor has been like getting my first zero-turn. I've only put 170 hours on it since August '04 but it has been fantastic! Not only mulch work, aerating, fert/seed spreading, but tree planting (bought an auger with 9 and 24 inch bit) as well. I love this machine.payup
  5. Frontstreetlawns

Frontstreetlawns LawnSite Member

I worked for a new holland dealer in a county were they test everything here bc of our variety of weather, i found that everyone that i met loved the new hollands, if i were to by new i would by a tc-30, its an older looking style but its much cheaper model, JDs or good ones along with kubota, the new case tractors are just NH painted red with there recent buyout, i wouldnt get anything but those 4 and you can find deals all the time, if you want to check out around the country and pay shipping i know that the dealers in western washington dont mark up the prices very much
  6. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

We have used international,mtd and kubota over the last 32 years. We just purchased a kubota B3030, it's an incredible machine!
  7. Doug Z.

Doug Z. LawnSite Member

I bought a new 3130 kubota 2 1/2 years ago. I love the tractor. When I was looking, I found that most of the tractors are pretty similar, but the 2 things for me were the Kubota seemed to be built just a bit heavier, and the other big thing was the "cab space". It seemed that the New Holland was so tight around the driver, where as the Kuboa had more room. My father in law has farmed all his life, owns nothing but green. He was really pushing me doward JD, but now that I have had this, he's talking about buying one for himself.
  8. lawn king

We purchased the factory cab on our new B3030, it really is awesome, ac,cd,suspension seat, high,high quality! That is what kubota is all about! You get what you pay for!
  9. Rollacosta

Rollacosta LawnSite Senior Member

I have a KIOTI ck30 and i'm very happy with it,ask the boys on tractorbynet [kioti forum] what they think of Kioti
  10. lawn king

I have no problem with koiti or any other machine that works for you, however, they should have painted something other than pursian orange & avoided the war with kubota! When people say green you think JD, blue NH,red Massy, etc,etc,etc.