1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Compactor pad

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by PlatinumLandCon, Dec 30, 2008.

1. ford550

ford550 LawnSite Member
    from PA

Pads work great! I have been called to many of "other" jobs, where there was nothing used between the plate and paver, you can easily see the difference. We have Wacker BU3050 reversible plates ($5500 each) with pads from wacker for their plates. We take them on and off when needed, no big deal. I think they were $700 each, but worth every penny.
  2. 2low4NH

2low4NH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NH

i use a thin horse stall mat on my patios works great but can be heavy
  3. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I was going to order a factory Bomag pad but about choked on the price, the Pavetech was very cheap compared and I think it's worked well.
  4. ford550

ford550 LawnSite Member
    from PA

Yeah, I choked too, but I was able to buy it when I bought my machines, so I got a better deal on them, if you know what I mean.
  5. patpls

patpls LawnSite Member
    from Mn

Hey Guys, I've been using rubber car mats attached to the plate with nylon rope, never had any reason to complain- other than the money i kept in my pocket!
  6. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

have a pad for compactor...two bolts and its on and off. Two people can have it on/off in less than five minutes.