companies that pass fliers out???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Lance L, Feb 13, 2003.

1. Lance L

Lance L LawnSite Senior Member

ive looked in the phone book and searched the internet with no luck. rather than me spending a ton of time passing out thousands of fliers how much could i pay a company to do it for me??? how can i find thes companies??? 10 or 20 guys could pass out 20,000 fliers whole lot faster than i could... or me and a couple of people. and also during the mowing season for aeration, fert, or overseeding rye in the winter(im in texas..) i would not have the time if i was mowing full time. anyone ever deal with one of these or know what they charge, im not talking about passing them out with pizza fliers either. thanks

Lance

2. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

Hey, I live in Richardson and just recently contacted some companies. I threw all the numbers that I got away. It was expensive to me. They wanted about 10cent for a flier that I already had. If I find the numbers I will let you know.

Jason

3. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

Have you tried the newspaper. Mine will deliver them inside the newspaper and print them for what ends up being about 5 cents a piece -- but they have a 5,000 piece minimum -- I don't know if that is too much.

----------------
    jeff hamons
    Hamons Custom Landscaping
    Overland Park, KS

4. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

I don't recomend the newspaper. Here in Dallas you could get calls from all over the place. If you live in Desoto the chances of you getting a call in that area might not be that good.

Jason

5. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

You might be able to zone it. With my paper you can deliver the paper to small area about 1/2 of a zipcode.

- jeff hamons
    Hamons Custom Landscaping
    Overland Park ,KS

6. I am currently hiring a company that does that I got there phone # off the bag left at my front door.

They charge $550.00 for the 8,000 homes in Oak Forest
    That is for a 8x11 flyers

They print it and deliver with about 20 other flyers in a bag to each home.

We are going to hire them and still deliver flyers on our own.
    Houses will get hit up twice we hope (2 wks apart)

7. precisionlawn

precisionlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I worked for a guy the last two seasons. He does 90% of his work in oak forest. On the route, I see tons of other LCO's out there as well. Oak forest is not all that big, do you think that $550 is worth it? Just a question, because I really dont have any idea. Im just starting out this year, And i want to run most of my business in the new lenox and orland area. I have a question: You are from around here so you will know better than anyone else on here. I f i were to send out say 10,000 fliers, put a ad in the pennysaver and star newspapers for about 8 weeks. How many accounts do you think Could hope for?

8. I am not sure about the $550.00 for the flyer delivering because I get my flyers free I just pay for paper.

I think the 10,000 flyers will get you 10-20 customers. The star and pennysaver I dont know.

I will be trying them this year.
    You have 2 places to advertise in each one

The service directory next to 10 other lawn care co
    or a say a 2x2 (business card size ad) for $72.00 ea near the front page.

If your starting up and have insurance
    try servicemagic.com
    Call'
    Matt @
    1-877-800-3177 ext. 7782

Tell him I sent you and you will receive a $25 credit.

Best of luck

9. precisionlawn

precisionlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Mcgrail lawn,
    Thanks for the help!

10. Your welcom
    Best of Luck