Company Branding - my logo

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by talktosch, Aug 30, 2012.

1. talktosch

talktosch LawnSite Member

Hi,

I have a goal by 2014 to become a LCO. I have to learn a lot about handling the equipment and customers so I'm taking my free time over the next 1 year and 4 months to learn everything there is....

As for starting out - I've named my company and created a logo. I create different designs for major companies as a graphic designer so I made my own...

[​IMG]

I'm not sure on the name - I might make it something different...

but thoughts?

2. talktosch

[​IMG]

The website is coming together!

3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Seems as if you're really putting the cart before the horse on this one. Learning what you actually need to do to succeed in this business, as with any other, is preferable to "all show and no go".
    As for the logo, the font choice and weight is overwhelmed by the leaf. Personally, I don't think the left green element's curved end works with the rest of it. The negative space aspect still works if straight, and creates a more cohesive style.

4. talktosch

I work for a manufacturer or professional grade equipment... so I understand a lot of the parts / machines side of things... I just want to start mowing again too.

thanks for your thoughts.

5. Kkane97

Kkane97 LawnSite Senior Member

What is with the lawn in that picture??? I like the logo but the font needs to be more defined

6. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Talktosh text me 7574090715 I need to ask you something
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. talktosch

I just took it off of a stock photo. I have not started yet. Next season is when I will mow, trim and edge family and friends lawns so I can get the best technique.

8. Kkane97

Kkane97 LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe choose a different pic?...
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. sven1277

sven1277 LawnSite Senior Member

definitely choose another pic. That one looks like someone used a drop spreader and missed half the lawn

10. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Naaaa.... Those are just redneck stripes!
    Posted via Mobile Device