company dress code?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Lawn Masters, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

just wondering, do any of you have a company dress code? maybe just company shirts or something you get everyone to wear?

I'd like some input on how to help make my crew look more professional, and feel comfortable doing so. my current idea for dress code, is basically, light pants, any kind is fine, tan shirts with the company name and logo on them, and good sturdy boots.

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Company issued Khaki Pants/Shorts (depending on weather), khaki hats with company name and www address, red tee-shirt with company name, logo, phone in white, Georgia Boots. Crew mangers Crew Polo with company name and www address. Also red sweatshirts with company name logo, phone. etc. The reason for the red and white is that is our "company" colors and all ofmy company trucks are red with white lettering also. Plus it stands out when on a property.

3. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Company Tees and hats here, prefer khaki shorts when hot but don't get bent about that, just wear the shirt and hat. Saftey shoes, Have not required them but rethought that after telling fella to go home come back NOT wearing sandals, WOW!!!! whats up with that? I never ever would of thought of wearing crap like that when I worked in the factory and they didn't require steel toes.

4. Lawn Masters

I simply require at least boots, steel toe or not is their choice, but boots are a must or dont come to work.

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi Lawn Masters,

How about hats maybe?

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Free Marketing Secrets.</center>

6. Lawn Masters

hats are HIGHLY advised to be used, as long as anything they say is in good taste, or its a brimmed hat, its fine by me.

7. RedWolf

RedWolf Banned

im just a two man outfit just me and my father who helps on the weekends.I have both light green and black TEEs with the company name on the back and we wear jeans and steel toe boots.i have not got my hats in yet but the girl that did them did a really good job.i have to pick them up Monday.NO shorts.ive been hit with so much glass its not funny so its jeans.

8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Boots are not that important, If you cat your foot under a mower your toast anyway...

Living in Texas Shorts are ok, But you must keep your shirt on,,,

Nothing raggedly

9. n2h20

n2h20 LawnSite Senior Member

khaki pants, boots, and a blue company shirt. BLue for water since im a pond guy.

10. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

I just finished ordering tan button down single pocket shirts with company name embroidered over the pocket with a cap for doing estimates. Will prob end up using t-shirts for mowing and such with shorts or pants.