1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Company is killing my grass!

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by dfrea, Jul 11, 2005.

1. dfrea

dfrea LawnSite Member

This is more a question about how I should approach someone about this problem...My father owns a building in an office park with about 3/4 acre of grass all around. There is about a 9-10 ft hill separating us from the company behind us. We cut our half ourselves (we have the time), but the comany behind us hires someone to do it. They are a very large LCO, they actually have most of the lots in the office park. The hill has some trees in it with mulch, and no matter WHAT equipment you use, it's hard to cut. I've had problems with the company hitting some mulch on their side of the hill with their mowers, and throwing it into our lawn. I've tried to rake it back out, but I can't get it all, and whatever type of mulch it is, it seems to be killing the grass. I just today tried to talk to the guy cutting it, but he speaks almost no english, and I just couldn't communicate with him. Should I call the company and ask for the manager? Our side of the hill is looking like crap, and I can tell from the noise that the mulch that I can't get up is't too great for my mower...sorry for the long winded post!
  2. fishinpa

fishinpa LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE PA

Maybe their using round-up or something on the mulch for weed control & that's what's killing your grass.

Just a thought.
  3. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Not unless they are spraying and then instantly cutting the lawn, which I highly doubt.

I would certainly contact the owner of the company and explain your situation as you have explained it to us. That would be your best bet, and I'm sure they'd be willing to do something to remedy the problem.
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Call them, without a doubt. The longer you wait, the longer it will go on and the more grass you will lose. The owner may even appreciate being informed about this.