1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Company name...help!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by RossP, Jun 5, 2008.

1. RossP

RossP LawnSite Member

Hello, Ive been in the business for about 6 years and sold my accts about a year ago because I was moving... now that I'm in all settled in I'm starting to get that bug to start up with the landscaping again!!

anyways I could use some of your help with a name...what do you like??

Morning Dew Lawn and Landscape Maint
    Rhody Lawn and Landscape Maint (I'm in Rhode Island now)

i dunno im having a hard time:dizzy:... any suggestions?? thanks in advance for the help!!
  2. shortgrass01

shortgrass01 LawnSite Member
    from SC

Make it super simple for small out-fits. Make sure it is clear by your name that you cut grass.

Example: Im in SC.
    Carolina Lawns,
    Your Local Lawn Care Provider

Remember you will have to live up to your name!
  3. Jb3NH

Jb3NH LawnSite Member

Tough Question. I took the easy way out and used my name. I suppose it would help if you would post a little more about your target audience, the services you provide, how you want to be thought of. Do you have a website? How bout something highbrow like Colonial Mow? Or Clip 'n whip... Urban Mow 'n Grow.. hmmm. Green Line Mow Co.
  4. Liendeni

Liendeni LawnSite Member

I agree...make it simple....make it clear in your name that you cut grass. I know you haven't but I wouldn't recommend using your own name. I don't think you can do a single search online where any organization will recommend you using your own name. Sounds small time, unprofessional, and if you ever sell it....I wouldn't want to own someone else's last name.
  5. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

What was your biz name before you moved? and Why not use that?
  6. Lakeside Lawn

Lakeside Lawn LawnSite Member

When I was looking for a name......someone suggested " Ho-mow's "

...ummm...I chose something else.:rolleyes:
  7. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Work for Cheap Lawn Cutter, Inc.
  8. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Morning Dew to me sounds to much like generic Mt. Dew.

I used my last name, but I want to stand out. I didn't want the name to be White's Landscaping, like 90% of the other companies. So I played with it and came up with mine.

Tag line- The white path to a green garden. Like saying white and wong.
  9. RossP

RossP LawnSite Member

well its been awhile but i thought id let you guys know haha.. I went with GREEN LEAF Lawn and Landscape. whatta ya think?
  10. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

heck of a name,good job,for a Rhody.give my regards to kings row in Newport.played there 45 years ago or thereabouts.