Company Name: thoughts and ideas

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Expert Lawns, Nov 18, 2002.

?

Current name or New name?

1. Current: Expert LawnCare

21 vote(s)
    80.8%
  2. New: LawnStyles

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  1. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I am thinking of changing my name next year. When i first named my business, i was pressed for time at the clerks office. They were very busy and my first choice was taken. It was a spontaneous decision. I have put more thought into it and have came up with a new one. I would appreciate your thoughts on the matter. Pro's and Con's of changing names. I'm sure there are few of you out there who have done this. This pole will be of my current name and my new idea. Thanks for helping as always.

2. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

LawnStyles sounds more like a hair salon.

3. rcav8er

rcav8er LawnSite Member

I would stay with the original, it say's it all!

4. The Expert lawns is much better IMO

A hair salon run by a red wings fan;)

5. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

I want my lawn wavy in the front parted on the side and long in the back lol

6. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

LawnStyles just doesnt sound right to me. Expert Lawn Care is better, and isnt a bad name to stay with. You will just have to live up to your name!:p

7. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I was thinking LawnStyles sounded a bit more upscale if you will. kind of shying away from the rough n tough outdoorsy type names. the haircut posts are killing me! :D

thanks

8. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I had the same dilemma so I came up with Aztlan LawnScape

Expert LawnScape ummm! maybe?

9. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Either one is good, Lawnstyles probably will appeal more to women and as you say, the more upscale neighborhood, and Expert Lawns sounds more like one who caters to commercial clients and anyone who wants it done right. Not neccessarily for a high price though. I say stick with what ya got, cause it's already there and each is as good as the other. Changing names just confuses the customer and you lose the year or whatever of establishment your name had.

I'm thinking of naming mine "Cutting Edge Lawn Care". After I picked it out I started seeing a couple guys on here with that name.. no one around here has it. I can change it to Service or Maintenance if needed but Care sounds more professional that service (to me anyway) and Maintenance is too long. Any ideas? Thanks,
    Eric

10. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with the rest, Lawnstyles sounds a little light in the loafers, if you know what I mean. Just imagine a truck with "Lawnstyles" on the side pulls up, you'd expect a couple of twits in pink shirts to get out, pinkies thrust out, saying "Oh, my juuusssst look at this lawn". LOL just joking.:D :D :D