Company Name

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by ricecake, Jan 26, 2007.

1. ricecake

ricecake LawnSite Member

Hi guys I wanted your opinion on a potential company name. My first choice was Allscapes Complete Landscape Service, but there is an Allscapes about 150 miles away. However, I do not think that it is trademarked. My second choice is Green Creations. I think that it is original, but then again I thought Allscapes was as well.
  2. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Well you need to check to see if the name is trademarked before you try to use the name.
  3. ricecake

ricecake LawnSite Member

I went on the Secretary of States website for North Carolina, and Green Creations did not get any hits. So what do you think of the name? Secondly, why was my post moved, I chose this site because there were more people viewing it.
  4. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

The name seems fine to me, the best thing to do is go on your gut feeling for the company name as long as its available and not trademarked.
  5. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

i like green creations
  6. Mowtown Mike

Mowtown Mike LawnSite Member

What type of business do you do? Lawn care, landscaping, irrigation? Your name should reflect on your work. I think so at least.
  7. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

green creations sounds good to me also. I would stay with that:cool2:
  8. Focal Point Landscapes

Focal Point Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

I like Green Creations - but Mike asks a good question - what is the focus of your business ? If you are designing / installing ,etc , creations fits - but not so much if you are doing only maintenance . The name should be consistent with the service you offer , imo .