1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

company name

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by kpetzold, Jan 8, 2008.

1. kpetzold

kpetzold LawnSite Member

hey everybody , just wanted your opinions. i live on the texas coast, i decided to go with (lawn shark lawn maintenance) for company name i went and got dba under this name a few months ago, i have not done any advertiseing with the name , now i am wondering is the name to aggresive( scary ) to use. thanks for your help.:confused:

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Lawn Shark / Loan Shark......The seed of connotation of "seedy" is planted in a potential customer's mind just that fast.

3. crazy4green

crazy4green LawnSite Member

i agree with runner last thing you want in this biz is to plant a bad seed and i made same connection

4. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

Lawn Shark Lawn Maintenance. Kinda odd seeing the same word twice in a company name.

5. kpetzold

kpetzold LawnSite Member

thanks everyone, i was kinda haveing bad feelings about it to.

6. LawnSharks

LawnSharks LawnSite Senior Member

Has worked for us for years!!! No bad connotations have ever been associated with it. We get tons of comments on what a catchy name.

Check us out at www.lawnsharks.org and get an idea of what we do and our logo.

7. kpetzold

kpetzold LawnSite Member

thanks for the reply, didnt mean to use your name , iv already registered it in texas, so i guess noone here is useing it. your web site looks good . thanks again. karl

8. ExcaliburLawnCare

ExcaliburLawnCare LawnSite Member
    from MI

I agree, it is a little odd.