Company Name

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cobra Jock, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Cobra Jock

Cobra Jock LawnSite Member

Just want to get a little honest feedback( good and bad) about the slogan I want to use this spring when advertising:

Covert's Lawnscape Service

Best kept "secret" in lawncare!

LET ME HAVE IT!

Thanks! :)

2. smlavin

smlavin LawnSite Member

Is your last name Covert? If so, I like it a lot. If not, then I don't think I would use the name even though I like the tag line a lot.

3. Cobra Jock

Yes it's my last name! Thanks!

4. smlavin

smlavin LawnSite Member

I say run with it. The tag line will make remembering your company's name a lot easier when it's time for someone to pick an LCO. That's what marketing is all about. Best of luck! :waving:

5. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I think "The best kept "secret" in lawncare!" line is a little too general. I don't think it is a catchy slogan. Thats just me though.

6. smlavin

smlavin LawnSite Member

ALarsh, please don't take this the wrong way, but do you know what Covert means? You answer will help me understand why you don't like the tag line.

7. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I like it a lot. I just don't think I would use the quotation marks around "secret". I think it is very catchy. Run with it.

8. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Covert - secret, hidden, concealed

I see where you made the conection with your slogan/business name. I guess I was reading too fast. I like it.

9. Cobra Jock

Thanks for the replies! Keep them coming please. I guess my concern is how many people (like ALarsh) will miss the connection between my company name and the slogan, i.e. Covert=Secret :dizzy:

Greg

10. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Even if people miss the pun, I still think it is a good idea.