Company Shirts

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by StBalor, Jul 23, 2006.

1. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

You guys that have employees, how many shirts do you give your guys. 5? what if they want or need more? Do you make your guys pay for extras?
  2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

11 pairs of long pants, 11 pairs of shorts, 11 short sleeve shirts, 11 long sheeve shirts,11 company branded tee-shirts, 2 jackets, 6 hats....all supplied and cleaned weekly by uniform supplier Cintas. Current cost is about $20 per week per employee. I pay for all employees once they have been with me for at least a year and for the ones less than a year I pay half.
  3. Patrick.B

Patrick.B LawnSite Senior Member

i'l give all my guys 5 shirts and paints,,,,,,if theys need more...theys have to buy them running a lawn business NOT clothes store....:usflag:

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

That's a good way to do it, my former boss had company shirts, jackets and hats but was too cheap to pay for a result a lot of guys would slack off on the laundry and not wear them everyday.

Why 11 of each Mike??
  5. MMLawn

That's how Cintas set it up. That way the employee always has at least 5-6 of each while the other 5-6 are being laundered from wearing them the week before as they deliver/clean them once a week. Same on the jackets, that way they can being wearing one while the other is cleaned.
  6. LawnDawg65

LawnDawg65 LawnSite Member

I had cintas last year, they did a good job. Changed to local Co. here in Dallas and saved a few bucks. I currently pay $5.15 a week per employee- 21 employees. that's for 11 and 11 set up. got my jackets and hats thru Nebs. Cintas was charging 6.35 per week, and it takes an act of Congress to get out of that 10 year contract.
  7. MMLawn

Wow, you wouldn't think so but they must be way different then in different parts of the country, cause I have more employees than that yet pay more per employee but I also didn't have to sign a contract at all, esp a 10 year one.
  8. LawnDawg65

LawnDawg65 LawnSite Member

So lets add this up, at $20.00 per employee- per week. and more than 21 employees- let's say 25. That's $500.00 per week, $2,000.per month and $26,000 per year for uniforms. WOW THAT'S CRAZY,
  9. MMLawn

Probably to alot of folks but not really to me considering:

a) each employee has a total of 55 clothes items, 2 jacket and 6 hats at all times and they are all professionally/commercially laundered each week and repaired or replaced as needed with no additional cost
    b) I never have to worry about employees wearing dirty clothes to work (as we all know they will do)
    c) it is a full tax write-off....which I need at the end of the year
    d) all employees are always dressed professionally and alike
    e) it maintains the professional look that I want for my company
    f) our commercial property managers love it, which gives me a heads up against non-uniformed companies
    g) company branding/advertising as every piece has our company name and logo
    h) I like it this way..... :laugh:
  10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

How far do some of the solo operations go with uniforms? I'm just a bit curious...