Company sizes

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Mow&Snow, Sep 8, 2002.

1. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

You'll get a better feel for our company by going to www.snowmanagementgroup.com

We've been taking credit cards for a couple years now.... decided to do it to make it easier to get paid faster. It was a good move.

2. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

"That 2000 figure was based on the 24k that the average single american makes. I didn't mean to imply that any of US could live off that."

how could you not live of that? i was raised on that money, my mother worked 2 full time jobs and a part-time for that.

i make far more than that now. but i still try to live on that type of budget.

3. Mow&Snow

Mow&Snow LawnSite Senior Member

I went to Disney world with the family this year, Ya well I spent 14 THOUSAND dollars in the 2 weeks we was there.

I recon that leaves me with 10 for the rest of the year. lol

Oh by the way, my truck payment is only 6700 a year......3300 left for everything else.

4. Mow&Snow

Hey I forgot, my electric bill is 350 a month, 4200 a year. Now I'm in the hole a grand and boy am I hungry!

5. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

a wise man never argues with fools

6. Mow&Snow

I guess my point is that we all have expenses, and they are all at diff levels. We just need to descide where that level is, and plan accordingly.

Tom

7. Casey

Casey LawnSite Member

There is an article in the March 2002 issue of Landscape Management about a company in California, Environmental Industries Inc, one of the largest green industry companies in the US. The article mentions that the owner bought the comapny 50 years ago for $250 and is now billing 2.5 million dollars per DAY, I can't even imagine what it must take to maintain a program like that

8. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

A well run, and quite profitable company.

I am good friends with the gentleman who was President of that company as they went through the $250 million barrier..... We work together quite often now..... Very intelligent individual.