1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Company Uniforms

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by PlatinumLandCon, Jul 11, 2007.

1. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm looking into getting uniforms for my company but I just have a question first. Would it be better to get high-quality, but expensive uniforms or just cheapo cotton t-shirts? My sister works at lululemon and they make amazing clothing that keeps you cool in 90* heat and stretches like crazy to avoid tearing. Should I get shirts from there or just regular t-shirts w/ my logo?
  2. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Anything that looks good and keeps you cool is the way to go in my book,,,
  3. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

It depends on your budget now and the years to come.
  4. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

I think I'm going to skimp this year and go with cheapo t-shirt and get good stuff next year.
  5. SkyLawncare

SkyLawncare LawnSite Member

I think when I go into business i'm going to go with some short sleeves dickies button up shirts. Look sharp, long lasting.

One thing i've noticed with other companies is complex logos on the shirts and small logos.

In advertising less is more. Large and simple with your contact # and company name clearly visible.

Heres a sample, probably go with a different color though:

6. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

dont mean to slam ya, but that shirt looks like crap.......

what you get is a long sleeve button up shirt, work slacks that dont hold grass, like blue jeans........
  7. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

You are out of your mind. Long sleeves in this hot and humid Florida weather is a heat stroke waiting to happen. I will agree that long sleeves and work slacks does look good, but not practical in the middle of summer. I also agree, blue jeans and this type of work do not mix.
  8. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Blue jeans would be the absolute worst thing to wear. I don't know how guys do it. Matt wears Dickies in the spring and fall, and khaki shorts in the summer. He used to hate to wear shorts, getting grass on his legs, and having rocks etc hit his shins. But he just sucks it up now and wears shorts, as it's too hot for pants. I could only imagine how unbearable it would be wearing pants in Florida.
  9. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

A black shirt :( I quit. When It's hot it's 100% cotton for me, last time I looked at Dickeys they were 60% (I think)
  10. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Muscleboy I dont kno what Grit is talking about but i wear long sleeves all of time depending on how much hedge trimming and what type of hedges im trimming. Your in business for yourself if you think thats what your business need go for it. Weren't not picking up the tab your are!