company uniforms

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lawnchopper, Feb 17, 2004.

1. lawnchopper

lawnchopper LawnSite Member

:blob2: 2yrs ago my company went to a uniform service which only provides pants/shorts that are dark colored (navy blue) the shirts are light colored but like the pants are made of polyester. They dont breath, there hot, unconfortable and we look like truck mechanics. Before that we had nice cotton shirts and kaki pants.
    and now he wants to keep the these hot, god ugly uni's for another 2 yrs. We're like WTF!!!!! ..... we brought our concerns to the table and he acknowleges the issues but wont change.
    He has such a hard on for image and being clean thats why he needs the uniform service and I understand that but the color selection is so piss poor. why not just nice t-shirts and kaki pants.
    anyhow Im just venting I guess :angry:

2. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Thats just part of workin for the man. It could be worse.

3. FFMED74

FFMED74 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I am going with uni's this year, but am doing it your old way, khaki and polo... I think that is a very nice look and cool enough for Indiana summers and 100% humidity!!!!! I know how you free about uniforms to, our Fire Chief (former I should say) hadn't made a decision his first 2-3 yeays and bam came out with gray shirts, tees, polo's and sweatshirts, already had black pants and he added black sweatpants. Problem was we went from blue to gray, color looked good, but pitted out and if you got anything on them, they were trashed. It was like talking to the wall, except the wall atleast echoed back at you LOL. I FEEL YOUR PAIN>>>>

4. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Aye it could be I once had to wear a tie and slacks working 3rd shift in a closed supermarket stocking shelves after 3 years of being able to wear what ever you wanted. The new image didn’t help them though they were chassed out of my state with in 2 years of that after over 20 years. It could be your boss doesn’t like his bottom line and is reaching for something hoping that will change it.

It also sounds as thought your boss doesn’t actually work or he might have a different opinion of the new uniforms when I picked out shirts last year my Jr partner put up a little fit over the fact that while I don’t wear tank tops I do like sleeveless and so do my guys so I made sure they had that option. I get little whines like I don’t think its very professional and cracks like that the guy was a computer geek what would he know. Well clean up #1 my own house mid April I put him on a 13 hp push blower it was only about 68 degrees with in 25 mins he is sweating and panting and goes ok the tanks can stay I understand now LOL.

If you don’t feel your boss has your interests in mind then perhaps it is time to start your own business its what finally made me do it I was at top rate of $20 an hour and had no where to go he didn’t want to expand so my income while nice was capped.

5. allstar

allstar LawnSite Senior Member

As far is color is concerned,we decided to go with gray,partly because it doesn't show dirt as much as white and also because it looks good with our logo.No way I would go with a dark color.Summers are pretty brutal in S.C.

6. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I'm going with a yellow gold this year. Hats and shirts will be yellow gold, and shorts will be blue. I'm hoping this gives us visibility, and I'm thinking the color should reflect heat.

7. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't go with purple! It's almost as bad as black.:D

Former employer used purple. Stood out really well, but wasn't very comfortable...

Dan

8. mike48114

mike48114 LawnSite Member

white in the sun baby!

9. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

That is what I use white shirts and kaki pants. Shirts are a pain to keep clean but when you show up in that especially the collar ones for estimating the whole thing seems to go very easy

10. topher924

topher924 LawnSite Member

I USE BABY BLUE SHIRTS AND KHAKI PANTS/SHORTS