Compare-N-Save weed killer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by j-ville native, Jan 29, 2012.

1. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Cornerstone makes a generic 41% product with surfactant 2.5 glns. about $34 @ Helena Chemical. I combine it with Knockdown also @ Helena Chem $85 2.5 glns. Total burn down in 36 hours.

2. j-ville native

j-ville native LawnSite Senior Member

I like your thinking

3. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Did you check out the prices on Trimmer Line and Edger Blades too? They are a good source for me to get those products cheaper than anywhere else.

4. j-ville native

Yes I did. Their edger blades were $.80 each and trimmer line was like $25 for a 3 pound spool. Decent prices, but there's a family owned mower shop that sells me edger blades for .$50 each, which is unbeatable!

5. Landscape Poet

I am not positive on what the cost is per blade I just know it was way below what I could find it before but I buy them buy the case at FIS. I want to say you get in the neighborhood of .37 each when you do it that way. I figure I am going to go through them so might as well save on them. It helps too because I always have enough on hand. But that is just a FYI - if you got someone you like doing business with by all means...but they sold me with the edger blades and the trimmer line...the trimmer line was about $10 cheaper than the exact same rotary brand trimmer line I got from my dealer. As if you can get on their mailing list - they mail out flyers every month which sometimes they run really good prices on palm fertilizer, irrigation heads if you replace them and hand tools such as shovels and pruners.

6. j-ville native

wow good deal at $.37. I guess the guy working there gave me the price that it would be if I bought only one. The guy seemed clueless. He had to look up all the prices and didn't know any of the answers to my questions about the weed killer.

7. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

Their prices are based under what table rating you fall under I believe.

8. Landscape Poet

They are not experts on chemicals...so you need to know what you want or experiment when going there for that....irrigation....they know their stuff generally at least here. Now with that said the manager is generally working at my local FIS and he is the one I deal with, on occasion I have dealt with some of the help and understand what you are talking about. But yes ask them about hat your bulk/case price would be.

9. lsmith

lsmith LawnSite Member

Getting it delivered free from Home Depot is worth the dollar or two I would spend driving around shopping. I called the company and they said it was "fully loaded with surfactant" meaning it had 15% surfactant. No need mix anything but water.

10. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Great Point Smith

Ag people talk about Loaded and unloaded Material. Chinese Gly that sells at $ 9.00 a gallon would be 4 pound unloaded Material while a Monsanto made generic would be 4 pound Loaded material. The 4 Pounds stands for the weight of the Active chemical in a gallon of that product. Or course load or unloaded stands for the surfactants.

BTW Yes Monsanto makes a lot of the Generic Gly we are seeing on the market. Look for establishment number on the EPA number code to tell where or who made the product. Monsanto Generic Gly is normally original Roundup Formulation, not Roundup Pro.