Compare,shindaiwa T230 And Echo 261t

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NORTHMAN, May 6, 2007.

1. NORTHMAN

NORTHMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I'm in the market for a new trimmer,how does the T231 and the 261T compare?

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I don't know about the Shindy, but I have that Echo, and it is awesome. Light weight, good balance, tons of power/torque. LOVE IT!

3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

do NOT but a shin 231! its underpowered and over weight

4. jeremy067390

jeremy067390 LawnSite Member

i think shins r too pricey when you got still and echo, almost everywhere you turn

5. trent515

trent515 LawnSite Member

I think the T231 is an AWESOME TRIMMER. Granted, it ISN'T the most powerful one out there, but it has good balance, a good cutting head, and will last a heck of a long time. I picked up a new one last year on sale for $230, and haven't had any problems with it. The hospital that I work for part-time in the summer uses Shindaiwa EXCLUSIVELY, and I mean they get beat to nothing, thrown around in the back of trucks and trailers, dropped, never get maintenance like they should, yet they ALWAYS run. I don't think you could find a better trimmer for the price. Of course, if you want to cut down brush that's over your head, a step up in size would be warranted, but for your average lawn, you can't go wrong.

6. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

i use t230,t260 series of the shin and i love them. t230 is not good for jobs that are really overgrown

7. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont have an echo, but I own a husq 125L trimmer stihl fs55 trimmer and a Shin T230.. The T230 is the trimmer I pick everytime. KleanKuts Ive cut down many of overgrown grass/weeds with my T230 and never had a problem. My next trimmer will be a Shin as well..

8. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

any one who buys the 231 and likes it..... dosnt or hasnt owned a 230!

9. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought an Echo 261T and so far love it! It seems a little heavier than my other Echo trimmers, but the awsome ballance more than makes up for it. Excellent power for a $300 trimmer!