Compare the Shurflo and Fastpac BP Backpacks

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Feb 16, 2009.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I am getting into fert/squirts this season - decided using a backpack sprayer to spray a few small resi lawns this summer to get started. I will not do a lot of blanket spraying with the BP - but as weed pressure demands, it may be necessary at times. The rest of the time, will just spot spray.

At any rate - I was set on buying the Shurflo BP backpack, until I checked out the Fastpac system. I do like the option of getting the wand AND the gun with the sprayer - although it would be a little over $100 more to get the Fastpac vs the Shurflo.

Any opinions out there on either one of these?

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

Lets throw the Solo 5 gallon electric backpack in there as well.

3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

Bump - I know some of you guys own these.....

4. THC

THC LawnSite Silver Member

You can change the wand if you need to on the shur flo. Not sure why you would need a gun when you only got 4 gallons on your back though. I like to keep the wand 18" or so above the ground to prevent drift.

Shur flo works great.

btw, I thought I would only "spot spray" to, LOL. I ended up blanketing almost everyone.

5. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

SRS 600 works great for us. We swapped out the standard guns with an aluminum one from Sprayer Specialties (Grimes, IA). Also switched to a flat fan nozzle instead of the cone.

6. sclawndr

sclawndr LawnSite Senior Member

What spray tips specifically are you using? I haven't found a spray tip yet that fits the Shurflo wand.

7. DA Quality Lawn & YS

Bump - would like to hear more from those that use Fastpacs.

8. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

I make my own ele back pack , in fact , Fastpac is a copy of mine .
    Here , read this
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=215657&page=5

I am being slow at getting good photos of "DIY" ele bacl pack blog , but it is coming together .

You can make your own for less then $150 , once you do make one , making more comes easier & easier

9. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

10. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

only there tip will fit there wand thats why most just change the wand to a better one....