Comparing Back Pack Blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joed, Sep 2, 2001.

?

Given the choice, which of these back pack blowers would you buy?

1. Stihl BR400

29 vote(s)
    31.2%
  2. Echo PB650

16 vote(s)
    17.2%
  3. Shindaiwa EB630

12 vote(s)
    12.9%
  4. Red Max EB7000

33 vote(s)
    35.5%
  5. Maruyama

3 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Aftering filling out the poll, any thought or comments on any of the four blowers surveyed would be very welcome. It seems like Stihl has fallen behind Echo, Shindaiwa and Red Max. Does any one know if they plan to introduce a new blower in the near future? Thanks

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

The Redmax EB6200 has about the same specs as the EB7000, but it's lighter. Our EB6200 has been a good blower.

3. a1 lawncare

a1 lawncare LawnSite Member

checked out the echo pb650 the other day, good piece of equipment, i'm a stihl person, trimmers, edger, and chain saw, my stihl blower is an older model, but the echo seems alot less noisy, right now i'm leaning towords the echo pb650

4. I have the same blower as Eric, the EB6200, great blower. BTW, Stihl has a new BP blower out this year the BR420, supposed to be an improvement over the BR400.

5. dhicks

dhicks Member

I gots the RedMax EB7000 and it's the one piece of equipment that I lock up. Great blower and it's my pride and joy.

6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Either a Shindaiwa or a Redmax, depends on the dealer. After using Stihls for 8 years and the Shindaiwa for just over a year, I wonder how Stihl even sells a blower anymore :)

7. casey

casey Guest

Joed,
    Where you going to get a Redmax blower in Toronto??

8. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got the Redmax EB7000 and it kicks butt. It's the most powerful back pack blower I've ever used!!! I highly recommend this unit. Used to use a Stihl BR 400 at my last employer and it's a toy compared to my Redmax!! ;) ED

9. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Casey,

The Red Max EB7000 is available at Current Power Machinery in Mississauga and Halton Grounds Care in Milton. E-mail me for information like price etc. What model are you presently using?

10. JJ Lawn

JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I don't see the Maruyama brand blowers in this pole. They're blowers are top of the line around here.

JimĀ®