Comparing Pickups

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by 32vld, Jan 17, 2014.

1. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Every one their favorite pickup trucks. Out of the GM, Ford, Fiat (Dodge). What are the things that you like and do not like.

I will start. I like that GM has a 6spd auto and variable valve timing. I do not like that it has traction control and stabilitrac.

2. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

My silverado doesn't have traction control. Is that a half ton thing?

I like that gm 2500's and 3500s are compact, smaller than the others but same kind of capabilities.
    Hate that stupid sleeve they put in the receiver so I welded the prick in there.

3. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

People will probably think I'm nuts for this. We run both ford and GM trucks, I keep a ford for my personal truck simply because of the keypad on the door. If it wasn't for the keypad I would be driving a Chevy or GMC. The only time I ever carry keys is if I jump into one of the other trucks

4. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Why didn't you label the Ford a IH or the GM an Isuzu? Ahh, I'm just kidding. I don't wont to start a posting war.

When the Hemi goes I'm putting a 4bt with an Allision in my 2500. I think then I'd have the perfect truck.

5. 32vld

That way on my brothers 1500.

6. 32vld

Ford and GM own those other two. They do not own Ford GM.

So what is it about that you do not like about Ford, GM, Dodge?

7. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

GM doesn't own Isuzu anymore nor does Ford own Navistar. I like my GM 1500, it rides good, the interior is comfy, 5.3 has plenty of power, but achieves reasonable fuel economy for a crew cab full size pickup. I bought the truck new in '09 and it's held up well after almost 110,000 miles, granted it hasn't been used as a work truck, but I drive it to my hunting camp and down rough dirt roads and the truck is as tight as it was brand new. When it comes time to buy a new personal ride, it'll be another Silverado/Sierra. I don't drive my other trucks enough to tell you too much about them. I do like that my Ford Super Duty's sit up nice and high though.

8. gazoneyo

gazoneyo LawnSite Member

Don't like Fords. Ram is OK. GM is best. My 04 Silverado 1500 has 170k miles and zero problems.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Everyone is one repair away from changing their minds. Admit it.

10. smokenjoe_10

smokenjoe_10 LawnSite Member

I am a dodge guy that drives a Chevy on the farm and a Ford plowing snow for my buddy, I have a 5.9 gas in a 1500 and a cummins in my 2500. If I didn't have dodge I would be a ford guy.