Comparing prices

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by NC Scaper, Sep 2, 2004.

1. NC Scaper

NC Scaper LawnSite Member

Alright I have 168 square feet bed (1.56 cubic yards) spreading mulch, spray for weeds. Will be red cypress mulch. dealer cost 30.00 a scoop (bobcat). Just wanna see what yall might charge
  2. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

Absolutely nothing.

We don't spread red crap.:D

3. NC Scaper

well aren't we just cheerful :p
  4. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

well asuming that the weeds arent too bad... roughly $250 or so give or take... but like D said... "we dont spread red crap" either
    black, brown or nothing, no exceptions.
  5. Coffeecraver

Coffeecraver LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA.

I agree We don't spread that crap either.
  6. NC Scaper

Well to be honest I don't give a crap if it is orange, yellow, purple or blue, but the customer ask for it and thats what she is gonna get. Well then why don y'all pretend it isn't red (crap) and answer the question. That was the whole concept in the first place not color. I ask a question and get nothing but BS, I was just wanting to compare the going rates.
  7. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

You might as well not even try to compare "going rates" here.

Everyone charges differently, everyone has different overhead. Different areas of the country (world, too) command different prices. If enough people responded, you'd get prices that went from ~$75 all the way to ~$600.

That's why I didn't give a price. It's just a number. A useless number on any forum here on LS..........................

8. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Not sure if that's even worth your trouble for 1.56 yards.
    With cost being $30.00 per scoop,a bobcat scoop is around a yard,so you're going to need 2 scoops and you'll have some extra or you can try to buy 1.5 scoops.
    If you're delivering,include that in pricing.
    So,roughly $65 to $70 per yard including mulch price.At two yards,you'll make around $80.
    How long will it take you to pick up the mulch and deliver?
    You should be able to lay all of the mulch within 1 hour depending on if you can drive right up to the bed or you have to wheelbarrow it.So, if it took you1.5 hours total,you'll be grossing roughly $50 per hour.
  9. NC Scaper

Well I can only get 2 scoops and it will take about 30 minutes total to pickup and deliver and thank goodness the bed is right beside the drive. thanks NickN very much.
  10. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

I hate the red mulch too. But hey if the customer sends me a check after I am done, then I will spread it. We just did about 60 yards of the red at the Joe Luis Arena, the one and only place that i acctualy thought the red mulch worked and looked good.... (RED WINGS)