1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Comparison Between Scag And Walker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pro-Lawn, Aug 16, 2002.

1. Pro-Lawn

Pro-Lawn LawnSite Member

Anyone ever run the Scag Version of Walker Bagging GHS ? Called the Scag Cougar.

Eric Goodwin
  2. I never used a Walker but the only one I would compare to it is the Ransome Bobcat's version of it. Very nice machine.

But from all that I have heard if you are buying a Walker type machine buy a Walker.
  3. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

scag, toro,bobcat and walker. looked at all and demoed a couple but i got the walker. so far i am glad i did. as far as im concerned it has the best grass handling system in the market.

plus ive got a good dealer who will stand behing its machine that always a big plus

good luck
  4. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

no comparison........the walker comes out on top of all the machines that bag!
  5. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

mow n grow-
    who is your dealer? I will be purchasing one next year, need to a good deal.
  6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

If your wanting this type of machine get a Walker. The others are "Walker type" machines for a reason.
  7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I've used them both.
    I have a Walker.
    Scag is a poor copy.
  8. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

From what I have seen Walker has the best GHS system. I have bagged in some heavy wet grass before and had little problems. You just got to go slow when it is like that.
  9. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

K & E outdoors in sherwood arkansas.
    got some of the best mechanics in the biz.
    they take care of all of my equip.
  10. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

The Best Bagging system by far that I have used is my wife and daughter with a rake and a bunch of 36 gallon plastic bags.

I don't have to stop and empty
    I don't have to stop to dump
    Sometimes I stop to take a dump

I just go to the next mowing job - the bagging takes care of itself:blob3: :D

Thanks, Brad

PS - Mow it high and let it fly: N in the spring and mid summer and PK in the fall - lets go blue grass