Comparison Cut

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by afftandem, Jan 9, 2005.

1. afftandem

afftandem LawnSite Member

Just purchased a 52" Wright Sentar.. looking to purchase a 52" wb (to save a couple thousand over buying another rider)... this way they have the same size cut (due to we may be striping).... whether striping or not, would there be a noticable difference in the lawn with both mowers cutting on it? The Sentar is a floating deck and so would be the wb. Could purchase a greatdane supersurfer (standup) 52" for about $5200 also, but would still like to save more than that...

Comparison cuts of the Sentar and a wb????
    and any recomendations on what brand 52" wb for best price????
    and does anyone know MSRP on Exmark 52" turf tracer wb (23 kaw)

2. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

Why do you want a WB? You don't know it yet, but that Sentar will go everywhere a WB will go, only much, much faster.

3. afftandem

2 man crew

4. Likestomow

I use two 52" Sentars on my 2-man crew.

5. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

i beg to differ. All we run is wb's. but we do have lots of hills and steep slopes

6. jhawk71

jhawk71 LawnSite Member

The MSRP for the turf tracer 52/23 is $6699.
    I am interested in one myself but can't get over paying close to 7k for a walk behind.
    Jhawk71

7. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

I got a question on those sentars. The seat on those looks like a bike seat. Is that what it is or is it regular because those mowers look good and are in my price ranger but that seat doesn't look that comfortable.

8. afftandem

Ferris, toro, and gravely all make 52" wb's.........any prices on these and their quality??? ferris makes a 23hp kaw 52. both toro and gravely are 17hp. toro makes a gear drive 52.. any others??? any suggestions on these?

9. Likestomow

You beg to differ? Does that possibly mean you have tried mowing a steep hill with a Sentar, or is your opinion simply taken OOTA?

BMFD92 - the seat is comfortable, actually the whole machine is comfortable.

10. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

I would buy the Ferris 52" wb w/ the floating deck. We have 2 of them and we run them on the same properties as the sentar and the stripes are identical.

Chris